7.18.2011

Twitterfest Aftermath

I feel left out today!  I am sick and missing a class when every class in this program matters!!  After reading others' blog posts, I realized that I did not reflect on Friday's class in my last post, so here it goes:

We spent a lot of time talking about Twitter and had a very engaging speaker showing us the ropes twitter-wise.  Setting up TweetDeck was helpful in making Twitter easier to access...call me lazy, but I never liked to sign in to Twitter.  I will now find a new level of technology-lazies as I get used to TweetDeck and discover a reason that it too is burdensome to access.  I still have my reservations about Twitter.  For instance, I am following a lot of people now, and it just seems like there is too much information to sift through.  I know I can click on a Tweeter's handle if I want to see only their tweets, but how will I know?  There is still the problem of having to scan through a bunch of 140 character snippets to find something relevant or interesting to me.  As I read the last sentence I wrote, I am beginning to think that I have reached that new level of technology-lazies with Twitter - are 140 character snippets really that difficult to digest??

1 comment:

  1. Hi there - hope you feel better soon! We had a fun, productive day.

    I'd love to hear more, when you feel better, about some of the other things we talked about in class (e.g., Antonia talking about classroom management, Google Reader, etc.)

    As for Twitter, it was hard for me to find a balance, too. Some people follow only a few others so they always know they have "read everything." Others take a minute or two out of their day and just go back as far as they can. There's no right way. I'm a Twitter skimmer and it took me a while to feel OK about missing some content.

    ReplyDelete