7.23.2011

Friday's Class Reflection

What a boring post title...

I really enjoyed class on Friday.  It's nice to have the class neatly divided between technology tasks and learning discussions.  I have to admit that at first I was not happy with the podcast assignment.  I have a hard time following along with directions related to technology (click here, drag this, etc.) and I struggled a bit with Aviary.  Sitting next to Josh helps (thanks Josh!), though he is probably sick of my questions - I literally asked him how to log into Aviary...I could not find a login button!!  Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if he mysteriously sat far, far away from me next Friday. 

With the help of Josh and Kristin, who came along at the moment I was about to throw my computer out the window, I managed to put together my podcast.  All the frustration melted away and was replaced by a sense of accomplishment.  I dread recording myself on video, so I was happy with this baby-step into public recording, and I am not totally dreading my next podcast assignment.  I also think that it will be a fun tool for students to use - it is easier for shy students to play back their own voice than to speak impromptu in class.  And I think that making a recording really motivates people to be creative and stand out...though it did not work in my case as my podcast is quite run-of-the-mill (I am proud nevertheless!).

The Gee discussion with Jeff was fun.  I liked the story told in symbols.  Even though I am much more right brain than left brain, logic puzzles are "pleasantly frustrating" to me.  That is, when they are not related to a timed test!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't most of the pre-law school test one giant set of logic problems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your technological frustrations! But it makes me worry that someone as smart as you (I think you're very smart, not at all being sarcastic) struggles with just logging in, podcasting maybe more problematic at first brush than I thought. You're post is definitely making me think about a lot of things I hadn't before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was less frustrated with how Aviary works but more embarrassed to hear myself speak. I actually went and found an empty room to record in. I figured that once I finished the podcast, it would go away and I wouldn't have to deal with it again, but noooo it has to be published on Aviary, because I didn't realize what I was doing.

    I also have a fear that my boyfriend, Mr. I Use ProTools and Went to Broadcasting School Recording Artist, will hear my podcasts and never cease to make fun of me!

    ReplyDelete